We are seeking speakers for the SURGE Co-Creation virtual conference on May 1st-3rd. The sessions make up such a crucial starting point for the discussions that take place. Below is a list of questions that make up the starting point for each session. This list was put together with SURGE partners after identifying common challenges and opportunities that the association industry faces at large.
In the call for speakers, each question you answer is putting you in the running to be a speaker in that session.(Have questions? Scroll down on our event page to the speaker Frequently Asked Questions.)
The deadline to submit is February 27th, 2019. You can begin the application here.
1. How do we bring people into the technology dialogue that do not have the word “technology” in their titles? How do you bring technology into a broader strategy discussion?
2. “What is Amazon? What is Netflix? They are all membership models and they are killing it in the space we invented.” What can we learn from corporate models of membership in terms of delivering an experience?
3. Can associations be problem solving for their members in ways they had never thought to do before?
4. In countries where association management is particularly new as a discipline, how can we ensure that members see immediate value for their membership, particularly for their sustained involvement?
5. How do we do a gap analysis on the education that currently exists within an industry and work to fill those gaps?
6. What is the technology that is going to have the biggest impact in society in the next ten years, and why?
7. What are some ways that an individual within an organization can positively impact the company culture? (No matter their title or role.)
8. Wildcard: if you were to craft an entirely new session, what would be the topic?